Written Recipe for Schezwan chilli potatoes
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 – 25 mins
• Potatoes 4-5 large size
• Corn flour 3-4 tbsp
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Wash and peel the potatoes and further cut from one side to make a base which makes easy to cut it into 1 cm slices and further cut into 1 cm batons.
• Wash the potatoes very well with fresh water until excess starch removed.
• Set water for boiling, add the washed potatoes and blanch it for 2-3 minutes, strain it out from the boiling water and cool down to room temperature.
• Transfer it in a mixing bowl and add cornflour, oil, salt & black pepper to taste, coat the potato batons well. Refrigerate the potatoes for 15-20 minutes.
• Set oil for deep frying the potatoes, to make the potato batons crispy we need to fry them two times, first fry, deep fry in hot oil on medium flame for 2-3 minutes until light golden brown, take it out and rest for 5-7 minutes, second fry, fry the potatoes it in very hot oil on high heat until its crisp and golden brown.
• Remove it on an absorbent paper and keep aside to be used later.
For tossing in sauce
• Oil 2 tbsp
• Kashmiri Red chilli paste ½ cup (paste of 8-10 soaked Kashmiri red chillies)
• Celery 2 tbsp (chopped)
• Garlic 1/4th cup (chopped)
• Ginger 1 inch (chopped)
• Green chillies 2-3 nos.(chopped)
• Spring onion bulbs 2 tbsp (Chopped)
• Light soy sauce 1 tsp
• Ketchup 1 tbsp
• Vinegar 1 tsp
• Salt & white pepper to taste
• Vegetable Stock / hot water 500 ml
• Corn flour 1 tbsp + water 1 tbsp
• Onions ½ cup (petals)
• Capsicum ½ cup (diced)
• Dried red chillies 2-3 nos. (roughly chopped)
• Crispy Fried potato batons
• Spring onion greens 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Set a wok on high heat, add oil, red chilli paste, chopped celery, garlic, ginger, green chillies, spring onion bulbs, light soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, salt & white pepper to taste, sauté it until oil is released. If you don’t have celery stalks/stems, you can choose to add coriander stems as well.
• Add vegetable stock / hot water, stir and cook it for 2-3 minutes and bring it to a boil.
• Next, in a small bowl, add the cornflour and water and mix, further add this cornflour mixture to the wok and cook until the sauce thickens.
• Next, add the fried potato batons, diced capsicum and mix gently, make sure the sauce coats all the potatoes very well. Finish it by adding freshly chopped spring onion greens.
• Your crispy schezwan potatoes are ready to be served, serve it immediately to enjoy the crispy texture of potato batons.
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3g4OjmW
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://goo.gl/rxrqsq
Instagram – https://goo.gl/rK6wFS
Twitter – https://goo.gl/lDfrrQ
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://goo.gl/8zcF6N
Instagram – https://goo.g