Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe.
4 medium potatoes (aloo), peeled
¼ cup green peas (matar)
2½ tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 green cardamom
½ inch cinnamon
3-4 black peppercorns
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 large tomato, chopped
Fresh cream for drizzling
1. Cut potatoes into ½ inch pieces.
2. Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add ½ teaspoon cumin seeds and when it changes colour, add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder and sauté.
3. Add potato pieces and salt and mix. Add 1½ cups water, cover and cook till potatoes are done.
4. Heat remaining oil in another non-stick pan. Add cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon, remaining cumin seeds and black peppercorns and onion and sauté till onion turns light golden brown.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste, remaining turmeric powder and chilli powder to sautéed onion and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add tomato and salt, sauté till soft and pulpy. Add ¼ cup water, mix, cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Switch off heat and cool.
7. Grind the cooked onion-tomato mixture into a smooth paste.
8. Heat the cooked potatoes again. Add the onion-tomato paste and ¼ cup water and mix. Add green peas and salt, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes or till the mixture boils.
9. Put the potato mixture in a serving bowl, drizzle some cream on top and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor