This rustic Authentic Italian Lasagna Recipe is simple to make and bursting with flavour. My secret weapon of porcini mushrooms might be a twist on the traditional Lasagna recipe, but it will melt in your mouth. Best Lasagna Recipe Ever. Lasagna Recipe Italian. Lasagne Recipe.
Share this video on FACEBOOK: bit.ly/Christmaslasagna
Get the recipe: http://www.vincenzosplate.com/recipe-items/lasagna-recipe/
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/youtubeVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
ITALIAN LASAGNA RECIPE WITH PROCINI MUSHROOMS
1 x celery branch (chopped into cubes)
1 x carrot (chopped into cubes)
¼ onion, or 1/2 if it is small (chopped into small pieces)
500g Lasagna sheets
TIP: Lasagna sheets should be good quality and I prefer the ones you use that you don’t need to pre-cook because you can put them straight into the oven. Of course fresh lasagna sheets would be even better!
1 x packet of dried porcini mushrooms
700g mixed veal and pork mince
150g diced dry mozzarella
1 x fresh mozzarella (fior di latte)
1 x large piece of Parmigiano Reggiano (you can also buy this already grated if you like)
2 pinches of mixed dried herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
1 x large deep saucepan
1 x rectangular non-stick baking tray
1 x knife
1 x wooden spoon
1 x grater
1 x small bowl
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Add water to your kettle and boil it
3. Place the porcini mushrooms in a bowl and pour hot water over them Not too much, but they should be almost covered
4. Place the saucepan on the stove at a medium heat and add 4-5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
5. Add onion, carrot and celery and mix with a wooden spoon. Leave to simmer until onion browns
6. Slice 4 pieces of the dry mozzarella and then cut them into small cubes
7. Now that the onion has browned, add the mince, breaking it up first with your hands and then once you have added it all, break it up more with a wooden spoon
8. The meat will start to brown and once it is half cooked, add the porcini mushrooms, along with the water they have been in and combine. Make sure you strain the water as the mushrooms might have some residue.
9. Once the meat has almost finished cooking, break it down a little more with the spoon and add the passata/fresh tomato puree
10. Let this simmer, and add fresh basil leaves, breaking them into smaller pieces using your hands
11. Add 2 x pinches of dried mixed herbs
12. Leave this on the stove for at least 10 minutes
13. Now cut the Fior di latte into slices, and then into small cubes
14. Using a non stick baking tray, line the base with a touch of sauce and meat, being careful not to pour it in or smother it
15. Add a layer of fresh lasagna sheets, completely covering the base and not leaving any gaps
16. Line the top of the pasta sheets with sauce and meat, this time using a generous amount and covering each one
17. Add lots of cubes of both dry and fresh mozzarella, covering the sauce and getting into each corner
18. Grate a generous amount of Parmigiano Reggiano over the top and then begin a new layer
19. Start by lining up another set of lasagna sheets and repeat each step as above
20. Once you grate the parmigiano over the top, add another set of lasagne sheets then smother it with the left over sauce and this time only add the dry mozzarella and grated Permigiano
21. Cover the tray with alfoil and place it in the oven
22. After it has been in the oven for 20 minutes, remove the foil carefully and let it cook for another 10 minutes uncovered so it becomes deliciously crispy on top.
TIP! If you are using fresh lasagna pasta sheets, your cooking time may be a little bit less.
HOW TO SERVE
Of course if you are crazy about parmesan cheese, you can grate even more on top!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Production company: Fame Park Studios
Editor: Bill Way
Web Designer: Stephanie Nasca
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
#VincenzosPlate is a You Tube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#lasagna #lasagnarecipe #lasagne #italianfood #howtomakelasagna #lasagnarecipeitalian #easylasagnarecipe #lasagnerecipe #pasta #italianlasagna #christmaslunch2016 #homemadelasagna
Watch the Italian Lasagna video recipe: http://youtu.be/dfjTbspt-Lc