Matar Paneer (Mutter Paneer), a delicious combination of soft paneer and healthy green peas in a mild spicy tomato based gravy, is a treat to taste buds at anytime. This matar paneer makes irresistibly tasty curry by making some changes to its preparation
400 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into ½ inch cubes
½ cup green peas (matar)
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 large onion, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1½ teaspoons coriander powder
¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
2 medium tomatoes, pureed
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon boiled cashewnut paste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and when it changes colour, add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add onion and sauté till golden brown. Reduce heat, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add tomato puree and salt, mix, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till the oil separates.
4. Add cashewnut paste and mix. Add 1 cup water and mix. Add green peas, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add cottage cheese cubes and mix. Switch off heat, add 1 tablespoon coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor