Eating hot pot is a joyful experience. Chef Bao shows you how to make hot pot at home with step by step instruction. The full recipes are listed below.
#hotpot #shabushabu #chineserecipes
The Hot Pot(火锅) is one of the deepest-rooted dishes in Chinese culture. Platters of raw ingredients surround large pot of broth, bubbling on the table. It’s not just a dish—it’s an experience. Everyone will be able to select their favorite ingredients, cook them to the degree they prefer, and combine ingredients to make their own sauces.
There are many regional versions of hot pot throughout China. What makes one different from another is the broth and the specific meats used. So, it’s very versatile.
Subscribe for more awesome Chinese recipes:
Everything you need to know about hot pot: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00a0G6_TRLVeHBXRO-uY8ciAcyDBnEZJ
【HOT POT Recipes】
*Tomato oxtail soup base
Beef stock (See following)
2 cups Chopped Tomatoes
¼ cup minced Shallot (For stir-fry)
1 tbsp minced Garlic (For stir-fry)
1 tsp Cooking oil (For stir-fry)
1/3 cup sliced Ginger
1/3 cup sliced Tomato
¼ cup Chopped Scallion
¼ cup Mushroom
Pinch of Salt
* Beef stock
1.5 lb Oxtail
½ tbsp Cinnamon stick
1 tsp Black cardamom
1 tsp Star anise
½ tsp Bay leaf
1 tsp Sichuan peppercorn
¼ cup Ginger
¼ cup Scallion
500g beef chuck
2 tsp minced Ginger
2 tsp chopped Scallion
1 tsp Sichuan peppercorn
½ cup Water
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 lb. Squid (Sliced)
300g . Corn (Chopped)
1 lb. Pork tenderloin (Sliced)
0.8 lb. Potato (Sliced)
1 tsp minced Garlic
1 tsp minced Scallion
½ tbsp Oyster sauce
½ tbsp Soy sauce
½ tbsp Sesame oil
½ tbsp baked sesame
1. Clean and blanch the oxtail. Transfer to a large pot, pour in water, put in cinnamon, bay leaf, star anise, black cardamom, and Sichuan peppercorn. Bring to boil, then turn to low heat and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, peel and minced the tomato. In a large pan, add cooking oil, minced shallot, minced garlic and minced tomato. Stir-fry well. Pour in the oxtail soup. Cook for 10 minutes.
3. In a Casserole, add mushrooms, sliced tomato, sliced ginger, chopped scallion and season with salt. Pour in the homemade beef stock.
4. Add the meat, some veggies and other hot pot ingredients into the pot. Enjoy!
* How to make beef meatball
1. In a bowl, whisk in minced garlic, chopped scallion, Sichuan peppercorn and water. Set aside.
2. Mash the beef round in a blender. Pour in the spice water(use slotted spoon). Transfer to a bowl, add cornstarch, mix well.
3. Roll the mixed meat as small balls, place on the plate.
* How to make Dipping sauce
In a small bowl, whisk in minced garlic, minced scallion, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and cooked white sesame. Mix well.
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.
Whether you want to know how to make Chinese dishes at home, or learn how to master cooking with a wok, we’ve got you covered.